Trust us! It will be the coolest thing you do all year....
Welcome to the MUSIC CITY POLAR PLUNGE Home Page. We're looking forward to another year of Freezin' for a Reason!
Come and join hundreds of brave individuals on Saturday, February 16th 2019, and support Special Olympics Tennessee athletes by taking a chilly dip into the Asurion Pool at Nissan Stadium. With a minimum of $75 in donations ($50 for students) each plunger receives the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, Chili Cook-off ticket, and all bragging rights associated with such a brave endeavor.
It's easy to participate! Just follow these 3 steps:
Step 1. You need to register online or complete the registration form and mail to Special Olympics Tennessee.
Step 2. Begin collecting donations to support your plunge. Use the donation form or create a Personal Online Fundraising page (just think your own personal webpage...you're famous). Each plunger must raise a minimum $75 to plunge.
Step 3. Bring all offline collected donations to the Plunge on February 16th. Current online fundraising totals will be available at registration.
- Sign the waiver and release form before the event to save time at registration.
- Plunge in anything but a wet suit.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged and awarded!
- All plungers will sign a waiver of release and plungers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signature.
Plunging as part of a Team?
- A team consists of at least 3 plungers and a great team name.
- Each team member must register, sign the waiver & raise the required minimum donation ($75).
- During the online registration process you will be asked to create or join a team.
- All donations raised by each team member will be added to the team total.
- A team member is also eligible for individual awards.
Music City Polar Plunge is supported by
Saturday Plunging Times
Plunging not for you? Enter the Chili Cook-off and show us your mad cooking skills!
Did you Say Pool?
Yes, we will be jumping into our own portable plunge pool at Nissan Stadium's parking lot. Check out the video to see what you'll be getting yourself into......literally!
10a- Registraton/Check-in opens (Registration is open 90 minutes before the plunge and throughout the plunge)
11a - Chili Cook-off - People's choice opens
11:30 - The Plunge begins
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Team Fundraisers
- Best Individual Costume
- Best Team Theme (Overall team concept - costume, concept, energy, entry)
2019 Plunge Incentives
Every Plunger must raise a minimum of $75 ($50 for students) and will receive the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, and a Chili Cook-off ticket. Funraising incentives for plungers who raise more than $75 will be released soon!
Jumping into 40 degree water not your thing? That's ok...we need your help. Sign up today to volunteer. Contact Kaydra Cash at email@example.com or Christian McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
If you are interested in having a vendor booth we will be releasing information about that soon!