Gettin' Cold for the Gold! Take the Plunge for Special Olympics!
The Knoxville, TN Polar Plunge is scheduled for Saturday,February 23rd 2019. Grab some friends and come support Special Olympics Tennessee athletes by jumping into a freezing pool water at the World's Fair Park. With a minimum of $75 in donations ($50 for students and children) each plunger receives the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, a complimentary lunch and all bragging rights associated with such a brave endeavor. (Event Photos)
It's easy to participate: Just follow these three easy steps....
Step 1. Register online or you can fill out the registration form and mail back to Special Olympics Tennessee!
Step 2. Begin collecting donations to support your plunge. Use the donation form or create a Personal Online Fundraising page. Each plunger must raise a minimum $75 to plunge ($50 for students and children).
Step 3. Bring all collected donations to the Plunge. Online fundriaising totals will be available at registration.
- Plunge in anything but a wet suit.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged and awarded!
- All plungers will sign a waiver of release and plungers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signature.
Plunging as part of a Team?
- A team consists of at least 5 plungers and an awesome team name.
- Each team member must register, sign the waiver & raise the required minimum donation ($50).
- Be sure to include your "awesome" team name on the registration form or on the online registration
- All donations raised by each team member will be added to the team total.
- A team member is also eligible for individual awards.
10:00 registration/check-in opens
11:00 costume contest
11:30 plunging begins
Lunch for Plungers and Volunteers.
2019 Plunge Incentives
Every Plunger must raise a minimum of $75 ($50 for students and children) and will receive the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, and a complimentary lunch.